Blue Pacific Yacht Charters is a Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada yacht charter company, in business for over 25 years, and specializing in bare-boat sailboat charters and powerboat charters. Alternatively, you can hire a qualified instructor to help create unforgettable vacation memories aboard our late model charter yachts.
More than just a BC boat rental company, we pride ourselves on making sure our customers get more than just a Vancouver yacht charter. Our employees are fluent in five languages and have boated in BC all our lives. We can help you plan your sailboat charter or power boat charter vacation anywhere in within the sheltered waters of British Columbia or Washington State.
In addition to BC boat rentals, our Vancouver yacht charter company pioneered the “Yacht Lease” concept in Canada. This program allows boaters to share in the use of late model yachts, without any of the expense of ownership.
Within the Blue Pacific Yacht Charters Web site you will find descriptions and pictures of all of the sailboats and powerboats available for yacht charter or Yacht Share. Blue Pacific Yacht Charters is certain they can accommodate to your boat vacation needs.
Since 1982 we have been managing late model sail and power boats in our yacht charter and yacht-share programs. These yachts are owned privately by people who either:
- Are not using their boat as much as they should and are thinking of selling it.
- Or, are well able to afford their boat but their practical side tells them that they cannot justify owning an asset which is used infrequently
- Or, want to upgrade to a newer or larger yacht but cannot justify the expense
- Or, the cost of yacht ownership may be “getting away” from them and the monthly payments may be becoming a problem
- Or, perhaps they live out of town and worry about their yacht in their absence
If you are interested in our yacht management program give us a call or send an email. We will be pleased to provide you with a projection of the revenue you can expect from your yacht.
The term bareboat charter signifies an arrangement for the hiring of a boat or yacht without crew and the people renting the boat from the charter company are responsible for appointing the crew, skipper or instructor and making other arrangements. In such a case, the chartered takes over the vessel for a stated period of time with a minimum of restrictions for a stipulated sum.
A bareboat charter is different from voyage or time charter like a crewed or luxury yacht charter, where the charterer charters the ship for a particular voyage or for a set period of time. In a bare-boat charter, the owner gives possession of the yacht to the charterer and the charterer hires its own master and crew. The giving up of possession of the ship by the owner is the defining characteristic of a bare-boat charter.
The charter agreement states that charterer has the option to skipper the yacht if they have the combined experience and credentials to operate that size and type of boat in tidal waters. The charter signer may also appoint or hire a skipper to operate the yacht or Blue Pacific Yacht Charters can offer suggestions of qualified crew. The charterer is ultimately responsible for providing crew, operating expenses, security deposits, fuel charges and port expenses in addition the charter is given control and possession with legal and financial responsibility due to damage during the agreement period.
Bareboat is also different from “skippered” charters. When persons pool their finances to bareboat so that the qualified master among them may skipper for the group, even though s/he is not ostensibly a paid skipper s/he now takes on the legal responsibilities of one. This can have far-reaching consequences in the event of negative occurrences at sea.
- BPYC will take any advance bookings that are 4 consecutive days or more.
- Charters that are 2 or 3 days will be subject to boat availability and the season requested.
- Single day bookings are handled on a case by case basis. Typically we will not take a single booking prior day to 4 days before departure. On occasion when schedule permits we will take a single day advanced booking at time requested.
- Departure and Return Times:
Boats are available for boarding at 9:00 a.m. on the day of departure and must be returned by 5:00 p.m. on the last day; this return time may be extended to dusk, depending on availability. Charters may be booked to begin, and end, on any day of the week.
- Early Departure:
Sleep aboard privileges may be available on the evening before departure, for an additional $100.00. Depending on staff availability and dive schedules, which will only be confirmed within 24 hours of the regular departure date, boats may leave after 6:00 a.m. the morning of the scheduled departure. This option is a nice way to ease into vacation mode.
- Your charter booking rate does not include bedding. You may bring your own bedding and linens or BPYC can provide you with bedding for a nominal fee on a per bed basis.
Charter rates include only the vessel and insurance. Security deposits and taxes are not included.
Because many of our customers are local, our rates do not include linens or towels. You have the option of bringing your own or hiring linen packages from us.
The galley comes fully equipped for the number of guests that it sleeps at minimum. All cutlery, dishes, and cookware are provided, including a coffee maker (usually a percolator). Basic cleaning supplies will also be on board for your use.
We provide a basic Galley Pack to get you started. Included are 1 each:
- Dish towel
- dish soap
- roll of paper towel
- large and small garbage bag;
- and two rolls of toilet paper per head.
Electronics and equipment will be listed in the specs which can be accessed by clicking the boat name in our booking pages.
After-cleaning is provided by Blue Pacific. We ask that you wash and stow all used dishes and remove garbage before you depart.
- Full liability insurance is included in our prices, however we will require a Damage Deposit prior to departing from our dock. The Damage Deposit may be paid by certified cheque, bank draft, cash, Visa or MasterCard at the commencement of your charter. It will be fully refunded within 10 days after completion of your charter, provided the vessel is returned in satisfactory condition. The personswhos nameis on the charter contract is responsible for the yacht’s well being, not your skipper or the instructor.
Most damage to the boat is obvious.
- Gel coat scrapes, carpet stains, lost items etc. Costs for repairs will vary upon the damage or items lost.
- Plugged heads and full holding tanks. Any boat that comes back with a plugged head or full holding tank a minimum amount of $150 will be taken from your damage deposit.
- Prop Damage
- Slight Deflections – $150 will be charged against the damage deposit.
- Major Deflections (log strikes or run aground) – Charter customer will pay for prop removal (diver or haul-out costs) prop repair/replacement and a $150 transmission damage surcharge.
- Cancellation Policy: The charter may be canceled by giving notice in writing at least 60 days prior to the departure date. A refund of deposit will be made less 10% of total charter fee. If cancellation is made within 60 days no refund will be provided unless a replacement charter is booked.
- Depending on the boat you charter (sail, power, trawler, planning hull, size, etc. ), the number of days you want to travel and mother nature the Pacific Northwest offers a number of options for your boating holiday.
Yes! But you have to operated and been responsible for a boat of that size and type in tidal waters.
Yes. We offer a variety of training options to suit your needs. In addition to full boating courses, we also offer hourly and daily rates on instruction.
All boats come with AM/FM/CD stereo systems though some may be factory original and somewhat dated. Check the specific boats webpage for specs or please feel free to call the office for more info. Remember it is up to you to bring any type of power, AUX, or USB cables to use your personal MP3, IPod or SmartPhone while on charter.
- Much of the Gulf Islands and Howe Sound have cell phone coverage though you will find dead spots in certain areas. Desolation Sound does have cell phone coverage though you will have some areas where coverage is very poor or non existent.
FIRST TIME RENTERS
No. Charter and rental are interchangeable.
Blue Pacific Yacht Charters is mainly a bareboat yacht charter company catering to vacation yacht rentals; longer-term charters for 4+ days. Many of our customers go for weeks or even months. We do not offer hourly rates, but can accommodate sailboat and powerboat rentals for one-day excursions. More information can be found on our One Day Vancouver Boat Rental page
Yes! Anyone can book a BC boat charter with Blue Pacific.
In order to operate the vessel, we require you to have experience on a similar size and type of boat. Upon booking, we will send a boating resume form to verify your experience.
If your boating experience does not match up with the vessel, we would be happy to set you up with an instructor for Charter boat training in any necessary areas. We offer hourly and daily instructional rates which will vary in price depending on the size of vessel.
If you have no boating experience whatsoever, worry not. We offer full boating courses if you want to learn, or can arrange for an instructor to accompany you on your charter.
The answer may depend on the date(s) you intend to book. Yacht Rentals or Charters under 4 days can only be booked on short notice, 3-5 days prior.
If you want to book a boat for 4 or more days, we can take bookings months in advance. Some charters are booked up to a year in advance, depending on availability and the vessel itself. If you are hoping to charter during our peak season—between late June and early September—we suggest booking at least two months in advance. If you’re booking within the month, please call our office for availability. We take last-minute charters throughout the season but availability may be limited.
In order to confirm an advanced booking, we take a 1/3rd booking deposit with the remaining 2/3rd due 60 days prior to the charter start date. If you book a charter within 60 days of the departure date, we will take full payment at the time of booking.
Our charter days are from 9am-5pm. This means that your charter begins at 9am on your first charter day and ends at 5pm on the last charter day.
Want an early start? Stay aboard the night before. Blue Pacific Yacht Charters offers optional “sleepover” or pre-boarding that entitles you to board your yacht the night before your charter begins for a fee of $100 or 10% of the daily charter rate, whichever is greater. This may also qualify you for an early check-out which allows you to depart the docks as early as 6am. This is a convenient and affordable alternative to booking a hotel elsewhere in Vancouver for our out-of-town or overseas guests.
*Please note that early check-outs can only be confirmed within 24 hours depending on staffing schedules.
At the start of every charter, we perform a standard “Check Out” that will familiarize you with the boat’s operating systems and safety equipment locations. This procedure typically takes under an hour; however our experienced maintenance team is glad to spend more time to answer all of your questions.
We also offer other training options if you require. Please visit Boat Training for yacht rentals Vancouver for more information.
Yacht Charter Costs vary greatly depending on the season, boat, and your itinerary. If you have an idea of dates and the type/ size of vessel, we would be glad to provide quotes by e-mail or phone.
If you are new to the boating industry, you may not understand some of the terms frequently used. Here is a short list of terms to give you a foundation of knowledge:
- Stateroom/Cabin/berth: Bedroom or sleeping area
- Galley: Kitchen
- Salon: living room
- Head: Marine Toilet/ washroom
- Bow: the front of the boat
- Stern: The back of the boat
- Starboard: Right when facing the bow or front
- Port: Left when facing the bow or front
Want to learn more? Visit the Nautical Know How Glossary for a complete list of boating terminology to impress your friends with.